We tell ypu about Web Content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) 2.0
W3C Advice 11 2008 december
Please relate to the errata with this document, that may consist of corrections that are normative.
This document can also be obtainable in non-normative platforms, available from Alternate Versions of site content Accessibility tips 2.0.
Copyright © 2008 W3C ® (MIT , ERCIM , Keio), All Rights Reserved. W3C obligation, document and trademark usage rules use.
Site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) 2.0 covers a range that is wide of to make site content more accessible. After these tips can certainly make content available to a wider number of people who have disabilities, including loss of sight and low eyesight, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, intellectual limits, restricted motion, message disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations of the. After these recommendations may also often create your internet content more usable to users generally speaking.
WCAG 2.0 success requirements are written as testable statements which are not technology-specific. Guidance about satisfying the success criteria in specific technologies, in addition to basic details about interpreting the success requirements, is provided in split documents. See site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) Overview for an introduction and links to WCAG technical and material that is educational.
WCAG 2.0 succeeds site content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 WCAG10, that was posted as a W3C advice might 1999. Though it can be done to conform either to WCAG 1.0 or to WCAG 2.0 (or both), the W3C advises that brand new and updated content use WCAG 2.0. The W3C additionally recommends that internet accessibility policies guide WCAG 2.0.
Reputation with this Document
This area defines the status of the document during the right period of its book. Other papers may supersede this document. A listing of present W3C magazines together with latest modification for this technical report are available in the W3C technical reports index at http://www.w3.org/TR/.
Here is the site content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 W3C Recommendation from the net information Accessibility tips Working Group.
This document happens to be evaluated by W3C Members, by pc pc computer software designers, and also by other groups that are w3C interested events, and it is endorsed because of the Director as a W3C Recommendation. It really is a stable document and can be used as guide product or cited from another document. W3C’s role to make the Recommendation is always to draw awareness of the specification also to market its extensive implementation. This improves the interoperability and functionality associated with internet.
WCAG 2.0 is supported by the linked non-normative papers, Understanding WCAG 2.0 and processes for WCAG 2.0. Although those papers would not have the status that is formal WCAG 2.0 it self has, they give you information crucial that you understanding and implementing WCAG.
The Working Group requests that any remarks be produced making use of the provided online comment kind. Should this be extremely hard, feedback can be sent to also email@example.com. The archives when it comes to general public reviews list are publicly available. Remarks received regarding the WCAG 2.0 Recommendation cannot result in modifications for this form of the rules, but can be addressed in errata or future variations of WCAG. The performing Group will not intend to make responses that are formal feedback. Archives for the WCAG WG email list discussions are publicly available, and work that is future by the performing Group may address commentary gotten about this document.
This document happens to be produced included in the W3C internet Accessibility Initiative (WAI). The objectives associated with the WCAG performing Group are talked about into the WCAG performing Group charter. The WCAG performing Group is a component of this WAI Technical Activity.
This https://bestwriter.org document ended up being created by a team operating underneath the 5 2004 W3C Patent Policy february. W3C maintains a list that is public of patent disclosures manufactured in connection because of the deliverables associated with team; that web page also incorporates guidelines for disclosing a patent. A person who has real understanding of a patent that your individual believes contains Essential Claim(s) must reveal the data prior to part 6 associated with the W3C Patent Policy.
Dining Table of Contents
- WCAG 2.0 Layers of Guidance
- WCAG 2.0 documents that are supporting
- Essential Terms in WCAG 2.0
- WCAG 2.0 Guidelines
- 1 Perceivable
- 1.1 Provide text alternatives for any non-text content to ensure that it could be turned into other designs individuals require, such as for instance large print, braille, speech, symbols or easier language.
- 1.2 offer choices for time-based media.
- 1.3 content that is create may be presented in numerous means (for example simpler design) without losing information or framework.
- 1.4 ensure it is easier for users to see and hear content including foreground that is separating history.
- 2 Operable
- 2.1 Make all functionality available from the keyboard.
- 2.2 Provide users time that is enough read and make use of content.
- 2.3 don’t design content in a real method that is recognized to cause seizures.
- 2.4 offer how to help users navigate, find content, and discover where they’re.
- 3 Understandable
- 3.1 Make text content readable and understandable.
- 3.2 Make website pages look and operate in predictable methods.
- 3.3 Assistance users avoid and correct mistakes.
- 4 Robust
- 4.1 Maximize compatibility with current and user that is future, including assistive technologies.
- 1 Perceivable
- Conformance Needs
- Conformance Claims (Optional)
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Alternative Party Content
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Language
- Appendix A: Glossary (Normative)
- Appendix B: Acknowledgments
- Appendix C: Recommendations