Emergency Contraceptive Pill How quickly after intercourse can you have a maternity test
What exactly is ECP?
- ECP is an urgent situation contraception medication used to stop maternity after intercourse once you didn’t usage birth prevention or perhaps the birth prevention did work that is n’tas an example, the condom broke).
- Some individuals call it “the Morning After Pill”.
- You could get ECP at pharmacies and community wellness clinics. You don’t desire a prescription.
Who are able to simply simply take ECP?
- ECP is safe for pretty much every feminine human body. You shouldn’t use ECP because it won’t work) if you know you are pregnant (mainly.
Whenever might i do want to just just simply take ECP?
- You’d penis-vagina sex but weren’t utilizing any birth prevention, or perhaps you genuinely believe that the delivery control you utilized may not been employed by.
- You missed several birth prevention pills in a pack along with been having penis–vagina intercourse without any other as a type of birth prevention.
- You had been significantly more than a week late for the planned birth prevention shot.
Note: ECP can be used if you had been forced to possess penis–vagina intercourse. In such a circumstance, you should phone the Assault that is sexual Crisis at 204-786-8631 or 1-888-292-7565 to talk with a counsellor for help choices.
Whenever must I simply take ECP?
- Swallow the supplement together as quickly as possible following the activity that is sexual.
- You don’t need to just take any longer pills afterwards. It’s a good notion to sleep after.
What will ECP do?
- If taken within a day of unsafe sex, it will lessen the odds of maternity by about 95%.
- If taken within 48 hours of unsafe sex, it shall lower the odds of maternity by about 85%.
- If taken within 72 hours of non-safe sex, it shall decrease the likelihood of pregnancy by about 58%.
- ECP may build up to 5 times after non-safe sex.
- You could expect your duration within 1-3 months of using ECP. See your healthcare provider or perhaps a grouped community health centre for the maternity test in the event that you don’t get the duration within 3 days.
Exactly what will ECP not do?
- ECP wont prevent maternity all of that time period.
- ECP will likely not stop a maternity if you’re currently expecting.
- ECP will NOT protect you against intimately sent infections (STIs) including HIV.
Any kind of relative side-effects?
Severe unwanted effects are rare. Minor side-effects could add:
- Bleeding or spotting between durations.
- Your duration can come at a various time than typical .
- Nausea (experiencing sick into the belly) and vomiting (puking).
- Abdominal stomach that is( pain.
- Headache or feeling tired.
If these signs last slovenian brides more than 2 times, contract your medical provider.
Could I take almost anything to get rid of queasy?
- A lot of people don’t feel nauseous after using ECP, you could simply take a half or even a whole anti-nausea tablet half an hour before using ECP to prevent nausea (puking).
- It might not work and you may need another dose if you vomit within 2 hours after taking the pill. Speak with a pharmacist when you can, to learn how to handle it.
- You are able to contact a pharmacist or community wellness centre to have information.
Can I simply simply take ECP whenever We have condomless intercourse?
- Utilize ECP as crisis contraception just. It really is safe but burdensome for the body to procedure.
- If you should be going to possess penis-vagina sex, and also you don’t would like to get expecting, utilize a far more reliable way of birth prevention, such as for instance contraception pills or condoms.
Exactly exactly What if I just take ECP and don’t understand that I’m expecting?
- ECP will likely not end a preexisting pregnancy.
- There’s absolutely no proof that ECP will damage a fetus.
Exactly What must I do when I complete using ECP?
- Utilize a dependable birth prevention technique that best suits you, if you’re having penis-vagina intercourse.
- You can start a new pack right away after taking ECP if you have birth control pills. You don’t have to wait patiently for the duration to begin.
- In the event that you don’t get an interval within 3 days after using ECP, maybe you are pregnant and may start thinking about a house maternity test, or finding a test done at your medical provider, teenager clinic, or community wellness centre.
- It is possible to head to a community wellness hospital or communicate with a health that is public about contraception, STI tests, a Pap test, maternity test, abortion, adoption, parenting, or any other health problems.
Imagine if I have pregnant despite taking ECP?
- If you should be expecting, keep in touch with a counsellor at a residential district wellness hospital or general public wellness nurse straight away.
- Think about your choices and also make the decision that is correct for you personally.
Just what if I can’t manage ECP?
- ECP costs around $30-50.
- If price can be an issue, decide to try calling your community that is local health or women’s wellness centre. If you should be under 22 yrs old you can contact a young adult center.
Where could I have more information?
- From your own medical care provider, community wellness hospital, or general public wellness nurse. If you want a health that is regular provider, call the Family Doctor Finder at 204-786-7111 or toll-free at 1-866- 690-8260, or head to www.gov.mb.ca/health/familydoctorfinder.
- Through the Facts of Life online: email the questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From a young adult center if you should be under 22 years of age.
SERC thinks that every people have the best to get into unbiased intimate and reproductive wellness information and services. They have to also provide the chance to explore their values and attitudes to make informed choices that are best suited for them, and possess those choices supported and respected. SERC supports and defends a pregnant person’s appropriate to select parenting, adoption, or abortion.
Developed in collaboration with Klinic Community health insurance and Literacy Partners of Manitoba 2007